Saturday, April 5th
Hello and good evening to everyone.
- Links to information and events are being updated regularly here on our website: www.rlcjuneau.org. Please check it out. We are finding ways to worship that follow current mandates and checking with the state for clarity as questions arise. We give thanks for God’s wisdom and healing presence.
- Special thanks are due to the technical crew and worship committee, who scrambled last weekend to live-stream worship with only one day notice that we had to participate from various locations. It was a bit rocky, but I am grateful for all the effort and flexibility they have been investing.
- On a related note, we have tested (AND tested, AND tested) various solutions to time delay and sound balancing for Holy Week worship with live contributions from leaders’ separate locations. I hope you will stream services and worship with us. As mentioned in Ashley’s Friday Reminders, the schedule is as follows:
- Palm/Passion Sunday, April 5 at 9:30 am
- Bible Study Monday, April 6 at 5:30 pm
- Maundy Thursday, April 9 at 5:30 pm (Stripping of the Altar from 6:30 to 9:00 pm)
- Good Friday Prayer and Reflection, April 10 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm
- Good Friday Service of Shadows, April 10 at 5:30 pm
- Easter Sunday, April 12 at 9:30 am
- For Stripping the Altar on Maundy Thursday, you are invited to come at sometime between 6:30 and 9:00 pm to remove one item from the altar and worship area. The church will be open, I will be in the office, and the streaming video will be time-lapsed so that we can work together while maintaining appropriate social-distancing. While the church will be locked after 9:00 pm, you are welcome to let yourself in for the same purpose anytime before 11:00 am Friday. Please consider being part of the community in this way.
- Volunteers are prepared to bring Holy Communion to you at home. If you are staying away from worship for your well-being or out of concern for the rest of the congregation, we would be happy to come visit you. Email the office, Pastor Karen (email@example.com), call her (885-6824), or text her (808) 782-6653 to arrange an appointment. Let us stay connected with our community in this time of uncertainty.
- Thank you to everyone who has been sending your tithe to Resurrection, even when you are not able to make an offering in-person. This will help pay the bills, and give us a realistic picture of our finances for the congregational meeting that has been rescheduled for May 3. Others are asked to send checks or use regular electronic giving. We are in the process of adding a “donate” button to the renewed website.
- You may be doing more of your shopping online at during the COVID-19 social-distancing restrictions. While I encourage people to shop locally when possible, sometimes it isn’t feasible. Resurrection is now one of the charities you can support through AmazonSmile. When shopping on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and sign on with your regular account. Choose Resurrection Lutheran Church, Juneau, AK from the “Supporting” drop-down menu, and .5% of eligible purchases will be donated to RLC.
- Please remember your neighbors probably need many of the same supplies you need. While many of us plan ahead in our shopping, especially when there are shortages, refraining from storing more than we expect to need helps ensure resources are available for others. Remember how Jesus sent the disciples in Luke 9:3.
- You are invited to pray: God, our refuge and strength, our present help in time of trouble, care for those who tend the needs of the sick and vulnerable. Strengthen them in body and spirit. Refresh them when weary; console them when anxious; comfort them in grief; and hearten them in discouragement. Be with us all, and give us peace at all times and in every way; through Christ our peace.
Updates from the Office Archive